Over 100 hours
This qualification reflects the roles of flight crew personnel operating in support of commercial flight operations. Flight crew duties include applying technical and non-technical aviation skills and knowledge to a wide range of air transport operations, including passenger, charter and cargo operations while operating aeroplanes or helicopters under the instrument flight rules (IFR). Individuals working at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and defined responsibility in known or changing contexts within broad but established parameters. This qualification forms some of the requirements for an Instrument Rating certification by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as directed by Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 61 Flight crew licensing.
- Hold AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane);
- Hold CASA Commercial Pilot Licence (Aeroplane);
- Current CASA Flight Crew Class I Aviation Medical Certificate;
- Current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC);
- Aviation ICAO English Level 5 (or above); and
- Conduct an interview and be recommended by the CEO (or its delegate) for course acceptance.
- Hold EITHER CASA Private Instrument Rating (PIR) or CASA Instrument Rating(IR) with:
- SEA (PIR or IR);
- Navigation – VOR/LLZ (PIR);
- Navigation – GNSS (PIR);
- Approach – VOR/LLZ (PIR);
- Approach – DME or GNSS Arrival (PIR); and/or
- Instrument Approach 2D (VOR & RNVA) (IR).
- Intake every February, July and October
- 12 weeks full-time
Diamond Aircraft fleet and Simulator
- Diamond 42
- Flight Simulator
(For details please refer to the presentation at the top of the page)